For some reason, my blog has attacked the attention of a lot of weathervane lovers and they love to comment (100+ comments so far).
WordPress has a spam service and it has deemed most of their comments as spam. Are they spammers? I just don’t know. It seems a bit odd that so many weathervane enthusiasts have loved and enjoyed my blog… but stranger things have happened.
I just noticed that another mom and blogger,Expatbabyadventures, has also received a lot of love from them.
Now, isn’t that strange.
Let’s Talk Weathervanes… shall we?
Image found on West Coast Weathervanes FB page
I do not know much about weathervanes. I don’t own one and am not likely to own one in the the near future. This is probably because I don’t really need to know which way the wind is blowing, nor do I need to know how fast it is blowing to complete my daily chores. My weathervane of choice… a tree. You see I look out my window and if I see the leaves rustling then I know that the wind is most likely blowing. If the tree is bending to one side or whipping around in circles, then the wind is most likely blowing a lot. I even used our dogwood tree to gauge the strength of the wind during Hurricane Irene. It was blown to its side and so I would say the winds had been quite strong.
Sorry, I am not interested in buying a weathervane, but if I need one… I think I will do a project like this one with the kids…
Thanks go to Sarah’s Sweeties for the idea. I can’t wait to try it someday.
And now for my replies to some of the Weathervane Enthusiast’s comments….
- I am so glad that you like the blog and find my posts entertaining. It makes me smile to read comments like that and I appreciate those comments immensely!
- I use WordPress and would completely recommend it to anyone looking to start blogging. The design is one of the free themes through WordPress called Bueno. I have not changed any of the colors or messed with it much, because honestly that is beyond my computer literacy level. I do hope to personalize the blog more in the future though. I am not a computer programmer, and really I don’t pretend to be (too busy trying to pretend I am not domestically challenged and frankly that takes up most of my time), but since you asked here are some of my answers to some comments.
- I am so sorry if my blog does not work well with Opera or on your iPad. Since I don’t actually know much about computer programming, I would have no idea how to fix it. Sorry!
- I just asked my husband what an SEO is. I guess that answers any questions on whether there are plug-ins that work well on your blog.
- One weathervane lover posted this “Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice methods and we are looking to swap solutions with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.” Hmm. Maybe.
- Sorry, I don’t have a donate button. I am not opposed to having guest bloggers though, maybe in the future.
- To the person who dropped their iPad from 40 stories and made a youtube video about it. Thanks for sharing.
I am sorry if your comment was placed in the spam folder and you are not a spammer… I am still so new at this that I feel I need to trust the spam service at this time. Just know that I do read through those comments and will try to reply in one way or another.
So all I have to say… Weathervanes are not on the love it list. Sorry!