I am officially hating my office. I am not sure why I even call it an office…because it would be better described as the dumping ground.
It is where I dump the stuff I do not have a place for and the stuff I don’t want cluttering the other rooms in the house.
It is a computer room for the kids, a bathroom for the cats, and a craft room (or more like storage) for me.
That is probably the problem. It has too much stuff that has too many uses and now it is really a room with no use.
Ugh. I thought I would let out a little steam before I went back in there again and pretended to know what I was going to do with the stuff in there.
I feel so bad for not posting more this week.
The problem was I just have not been doing anything “post worthy”. I have not been feeling like a Supermom lately (and no dirty old men have been checking me out). Seriously, I have been so boring, that I have not even found the humor in it boringness.
It is Friday though and so I thought I would share the highlights of the week so that you can be impressed with the mundane happenings of our household (or rather to help you see your life that your life is much more exciting than mine). Continue reading
Saturdays, as an adult, is just not as exciting as it was when I was younger and here is why…
- Woke up way too early… because I was on the couch after having a little slumber party with my daughter so she could sleep with our puppy, Olive. She has been dying to sleep with Olive, but since she is being kennel trained I stayed on the couch with her and the puppy to discourage the puppy getting any ideas. I have tried to get her to sleep in a bed upstairs, but chasing cats is better than sleeping in our bed.
- Got a pedicure and was super thankful for the massaging chairs! (OK, this was fun, but sometimes you have to give yourself a treat)
- Washed dishes and cleaned up the kitchen.
- Planted Zoysia plugs in the side yard with my husband. Seriously, tiring work in the heat.
- Went out to dinner, because cooking dinner seemed to require too much effort.
- Make sure kids are showered and in bed.
- Started a load of laundry.
- Run around outside with the puppy to tucker her out so that I could write this post without being teethed on or stopping to check that she is not tearing something up or peeing or pooping. I am happy to say I have a very tired puppy laying beside me right now.
- Fantasizing about going to bed while writing this post…. Maybe I should make the fantasy reality!
Summer has not been good for blogging for me. I really have no excuse except that with my new puppy, a sick older dog, and two kids that only know how to make a mess… I just have not had any time to sit down and write a post. Well, school has started again for the kids and so it is time for me to start up again.
So here is what has been going on since I last checked in…
Olive, the Rambunctious Puggle
We picked up our puppy in July and honestly I have spent all of August adjusting to our new arrival. We have been potty training… and well it seems we do a lot of potty training. I have found that after 13 years without a puppy… you forget how much work potty training really is. It is a lot like having a baby. You seem to forget those late nights and tired days and romanticize the whole baby years. Continue reading