Saturdays, as an adult, is just not as exciting as it was when I was younger and here is why…
- Woke up way too early… because I was on the couch after having a little slumber party with my daughter so she could sleep with our puppy, Olive. She has been dying to sleep with Olive, but since she is being kennel trained I stayed on the couch with her and the puppy to discourage the puppy getting any ideas. I have tried to get her to sleep in a bed upstairs, but chasing cats is better than sleeping in our bed.
- Got a pedicure and was super thankful for the massaging chairs! (OK, this was fun, but sometimes you have to give yourself a treat)
- Washed dishes and cleaned up the kitchen.
- Planted Zoysia plugs in the side yard with my husband. Seriously, tiring work in the heat.
- Went out to dinner, because cooking dinner seemed to require too much effort.
- Make sure kids are showered and in bed.
- Started a load of laundry.
- Run around outside with the puppy to tucker her out so that I could write this post without being teethed on or stopping to check that she is not tearing something up or peeing or pooping. I am happy to say I have a very tired puppy laying beside me right now.
- Fantasizing about going to bed while writing this post…. Maybe I should make the fantasy reality!