This weekend went on my first overnight trip without the kids. If you know me then you know it was a big milestone. In fact, many of the women I went with expected me to either back out at the last minute or take off under the cover of night. I managed to make it until morning and had a great time.
My friend’s husband set up the whole weekend… Limobus tour of the 4 wineries, a private tour and tasting at my friend’s favorite winery (King Family), and a hotel stay. He had also made reservations at a nice restaurant, but after drinking wine all day we thought it would be better to walk to the closest restaurant rather than drive.
He made us all T-shirts too, but much to his dismay we did not wear them. I thought I would give him some love and share it with you guys though.
Well, while I toured the wineries, I found out that the wonderful Sharon from Hyperactive Inefficency had tagged me in a Blogger game of Tag.
As she quoted…”To be tagged is a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers a little better (and to mess with them a little).” I love messing with people and well I am always for getting to know people better. Isn’t that why we all blog… To share our story and to connect to other who also want to share a bit about themselves though blogging.
So without further ado… Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
So let’s get to answering those questions from Sharon…
1. Who would you pick for your celebrity wife and/or husband? I don’t know if I would trade in my husband. He is pretty great… but if I did I would go with James Marsden.
2. What’s your favourite time of day? Sharon kind of stole my favorite time of the day, but I also kind of like 11:07 since it is my birthday.
3. What are some of your relationship deal-breakers? I think lying or hiding the truth is the biggest deal-breaker for me. I would much rather someone be upfront with me, rather than hide their feelings (especially if they think they are sparing my feelings). I am not easily offended and can can handle bad news, so even though it hurts I would rather know the truth, even if it is big, bad, or ugly. Even worse is when they hate something you did or say and then expect you to read their mind and not do it again. I wish I was a mind reader, especially in those situations.
4. How many times did you change your major in university and why, or, why not? I went to 2 universities. I went to VCU (Virginia Commonwealth) and then transferred to George Mason during my Sophomore year to be closer to home. After being home, I realized that the 1 and a 1/2 drive was not so bad. I am glad I went back to VCU, because if I had stayed my life could have been very different… and I would not want to change anything.
5. What’s your theme song? Because it’s been crazy, crazy, crazy with work and school mine has been: Goodness! This is a really hard question!! I will go with a really cheesy song (because theme songs should be cheesy). I also think the lyrics work for me at the moment.
6. What do you think people most frequently say about you behind your back? Oh, I am sure there are lots of things!!! I think most people get frustrated with my lack or organization skills. I tend to forget birthdays, thank you notes, and other things people should remember. I also will forget appointments and can run chronically late. My close friends have learned to forgive me for my issues, but I know it can come off as being not being very thoughtful. The thing is that I am usually hyperaware of how people feel and think about my friends and family often… I just have a hard time following through with actions. It is something I work at but I have not really been able to master it yet.
7. Do you feel your zodiac sign or Chinese astrological animal accurately represents you? I do. I am a Scorpio and I think I could be a poster child for the sign.
8. Who would star as you in the made for TV movie about the most interesting year of your life? This is another hard question… Maybe Tina Fey or Dawn French.
9. And, what is the title of said best-selling memoir? Maybe… Taking Time to Notice the Small Details (and noticing that there is a lot dust on the baseboards). When I broke down and decided to go back on meds for my ADHD, I finally noticed all the little things that I either did not notice or did not take the time to do. Now, I just appreciated and try not to take for granted the time I now have with my kids, husband, and in doing the less desirable chores around the house.
10. Name two posts you believe should’ve most definitely been Freshly Pressed. Well, I don’t think I will ever be “Freshly Pressed”… I don’t think I am deep enough. I suppose the two that may come the closest would be…
Why you should never open drawers at a friend’s house… Although it may be too racy for Freshly Pressed.
11. Make up a question and answer it. What book do you think everyone should take the time to read (or at least try to read)? This is going to be one of my questions, but truthfully it is a hard one for me. I think I would go with The Handmaid’s Tale (although a close second would be The Giver). It is a haunting tale of a dystopic society or alternate history where women are confined to women’s roles (as birthmothers, caregivers and maids). Where families are broken up and where religious beliefs and piety have created a world that is structured and safe, but lacks the color and joys of love. I found the world to be unsettling and utterly unforgettable.
So now… Let’s see if these 11 bloggers want to play (and I really hope that they do). I also love their blogs and totally think you should check them out.
And now the questions*…
1. What book do you think everyone should take the time to read (or at least try to read)?
2. What makes you happy?
3. What song do you love (but if it weren’t for this question), but are embarrassed to admit?
4. Awesome is a favorite word of mine… so what would you say makes you pretty awesome?
5. If you could have just one superpower… What would it be?
6. Along the same lines… if you were a superhero what would your name be?
7. What trend or fad would you like to end (and have it never come back)? For me, it would be neon. I looked horrid in Neon in the 80’s and I thought I learned my lesson, but somehow I bought a neon pink striped skirt the other day. Seriously, it needs to go before I think it would be a good idea for me to bring back the 80’s.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing what you thought you would be?
9. What is one thing you want to do before you die?
10. What animal best shows your personality?
11. What post have you written do you think should not missed?
* Even if you are not tagged, I would love to hear your answers to the questions!