, , , , , , , , , , ,

Today was my first official day at home since the kids went back to school.

The big question of the day was what I did… So I thought I would share.

  1. I slept through my alarm clock.  I guess I was pretty tired.  My husband was a dear and got the kids off to school for me.
  2. I woke up at 9 am.  I walked the dog and cleaned up the breakfast dishes.  Looked at the messy playroom… then decided I was not really in the mood to clean it so I did some work on the computer.  I really mean that I worked.  I have a part time job that requires me to work on the computer, so instead of trying to do it after my kids went to bed, I enjoyed getting it done at a reasonable hour of the day.  I can’t tell you how good it felt to get it done earlier rather than later.  The biggest shock was that I did not mess around on the computer (you can check I did not tweet or play FB games at all today)… it makes such a difference to do that work while my ADHD medication is at full strength.
  3. I helped out in my daughter’s class.  It was really fun to see my daughter in her classroom.  I helped the kids make pilgrims and Native Americans out of toilet paper tubes.  It was an open-ended project so the kids really were able to give their pilgrims and native americans their own special styles.  The Girl’s featured a tissue paper apron and hat.  I think she was the only one to add big round pink cheeks too.  One little girl made a red-headed pilgrim girl and when I said I liked her hair, a little boy at the table told me that the pilgrim was a “ginger.”  I think he may be secretly reading my blog.  He continued by telling me that a “ginger” is someone with orange hair and a lot of freckles.  I told him that was true, but I preferred to say the pilgrim was a redhead.  We decided to agree to disagree.

    Oh no, where is the top of my head?

  4. I came home and looked at the playroom again.  I decided that I should probably pick it up.  So, I did.
  5. I finished loading the dishwasher and ran it.  See how productive I am?
  6. I picked up the foyer and then waited for the bus to unload my 3 great kids.
  7. We did homework and then the kids played for a bit… sometimes outside and sometimes inside.
  8. I started baking some Ugly Bars (Brownies or something like it made from Tastefully Simple’s Ugly Cake mix) that I was going to bring to my friends house for dessert tonight and the kids got ready to leave.
  9. We met my husband at our friends’ house and had a great dinner.
  10. I met some other friends out to celebrate our friend’s birthday at a wonderful crêperie.  I had a delicious crepe filled with chocolate mousse and strawberries.   Could not have asked for a better night out with the girls.
  11. Went back to our other friends’ house and chatted.  Our friends from Florida are in town and leave tomorrow so I wanted to get in some time with them before they left.  It was a great evening of talking, laughing, and commiserating over how bad we will look when we get older thanks to the app AgingBooth.  I don’t age well.  If it were not on my friend’s phone I might have shared my picture, but unfortunately you are going to have to take my word for it.
  12. We went home and put the kids to bed and I watched The Sing Off…or rather watched the groups I like and fast forwarded through the rest.
  13. I decided to write a post on the day I had… Oh, wait that is what I am doing now.
  14. I am going to bed, because I have a stressful day of getting my hair done and watching my son’s Thanksgiving play tomorrow.  Oh, I will probably clean as well… I never did get to vacuuming.

There you have it… a first day in my glamourous life as a stay-at-home mom.